Position and speed sensors
CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES designs proximity position and speed sensors of the following types :
- SG sensors : Strain Gauge sensors perform the static & dynamic measurement of a structural deformation: It is one solution mastered at CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES for making high precision position sensors. These are used for measuring stroke and vibration of our actuators and transducers.
- ECS sensors : Eddy current sensors utilize an AC magnetic field provided by an emission coil to generate Eddy Currents in a conducting target. These Eddy Currents can be electrically detected by various methods.
- LES sensors : Linear End-stroke Sensors generate an AC magnetic field at high frequency and senses the behavior of the induced magnetic field in regards of a conductive target.
- LVDT sensors: These sensors are Linear Variable Differential Transformers. Generally they consist of a primary AC emitting coil and a pair of differential secondary coils. These detect the magnetic reluctance variation due to the motion of an iron core into the primary coil.
- Hall and MR sensors : The electric resistance of Hall-effect or magnetoresistive components is sensitive the applied magnetic field. These can be used typically for making magnetic linear or rotating encoders.
- VR sensors : Variable reluctance sensors are rotation speed sensors based on a permanent magnet and a coil located in front of a rotary gear. They provide an AC signal proportional to the gear speed, without needing a power supply.
- Capacitive sensors : Capacitive sensors use electric fields instead of magnetic fields. They exploit the effect of distance variations between two electrodes to produce a variations of capacitance.
Typical R&D works performed by CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES include magnetic, electric and electromagnetic analysis with FLUX FEM software, optimization, sensitivity analysis, prototyping and testing. Development works can include electronic conditioning boards. CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES can also perform trade-off analysis between different solution to help the customer in selecting the most appropriate solution.
CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES’ experience has been developed in various industrial fields from automotive industry with BOSH, ELECTRICFIL, MICHELIN, PSA, SIEMENS … to the precision instrumentation field with ONERA, SENSOREX, … or aerospace fields with CNES, MESSIER, DOWTY, TURBOMECA …
Linear End-stroke Sensors LES1000
The LES1000 End Stroke Sensor aims to detect the presence of nearby objects without any physical contact, having a linear motion in distance, or closed to be linear.
End-Position Sensor for Hatch Axis, Release Sensor with Crash Pad, Angular position detection
Contacless magnetic sensors for position measurement in the centimeter range
Inductive magnetic sensors developed by Cedrat Technologies allow a non-contact distance measurement up to 4 centimeters. They are available with different sensor technologies to match with customer specifications in terms of resolution, dimensions, power, bandwidth etc.
They are used by MICHELIN for its QUICKSCAN tyre wear measurement.
Manufacturing and Process Control, Robotics, Automobile, ASD, NDT, SHM, …
Product available at customer level
Strain Gages Sensors For High Stability Piezo Actuators
Thanks to its extensive know-how of strain gages integration and new instrumentation equipment (incl interferometers), CTEC has managed to achieve nanometric position stability of closed-loop piezo-mechanisms with integrated strain gages sensors.
Space, military, aeronautical, industrial…
Contactless Speed & Torque Sensor: CTS
CTS sensor developed with PSA can be set as a mix sensor, to capture both the torque and the rotation speed in a stationary axle or rotating shaft without contact. CTS is also selected for SMART JOINT precision robot project.
Automotive, Machine Tool, Robots, Turbines, Motors…
Computation, optimisation and prototyping of Variable Reluctance Rotation Speed Sensors for car ABS for ELECTRICFIL, or for A380 AIRBUS aircaft ABS for MESSIER DOWTY.
Automotive, Machine Tool, Aerospace, ABS Anti-lock Braking Systems …
Proof of concept